Hopefully these FAQ will answer any queries you may have. If there is something else you would like to ask please contact us.
Can I bring my dog to work?
We are big dog lovers here at Cubo, and happily most of our centres* are indeed dog-friendly.
However, there are some rules for your canine companions to follow at Cubo:
1. You must provide up to date vaccination papers or service dog papers the first time you bring your dog into one of our buildings (we will keep a record for future visits).
2. Dogs must be house-trained.
3. They are only allowed in private offices and dogs must be on a lead in the communal areas.
4. If your pet is being noisy, disruptive and/or destructive in anyway our staff have the right to ask you to remove him/her from the building.
*Excluding Cubo Leeds and Cubo Manchester
What's included in my day pass?
Visit any of our sites for the day between reception hours with no membership required. A day pass entitles the holder to:
- Access to hot-desking in the co-working area from 8am - 5pm Monday to Friday
- Fast reliable internet
- Barista service from 8am - 3pm Monday to Friday
- Beer and fizz on tap from 2pm - 4:30pm Monday to Friday
- Complimentary hospitality: use of the shared kitchen, tea, coffee, hot chocolate, filtered water, fruit and biscuit selection
- Reception service from 7:30am - 5pm Monday to Friday
- Social and networking events every Thursday**
** subject to scheduling
- Visitor must be aged 18 years or over
- Redemption of a day pass enables access for one visitor for one day only
- Use of meeting rooms is not included but may be booked subject to availability at an additional cost
- Printing and copying facilities are available for an additional fee
- No cash alternative is offered
- Cubo reserves the right to withdraw this service at any time
Can I have frosting on our office glass partitions and can we have our company logo on our door?
Yes! We supply all partition frosting and allow businesses to have their logo on their office door. Please contact your centre manager for more information.
Can I have post sent to my Cubo Location?
Yes! Our centre manager will inform you if you have received any post and you can collect it from reception.
What is the guest policy at Cubo?
As a Cubo member, you are welcome to invite guests into our buildings*.
Pre-register your guests before arrival with your centre manager. Guests will need to sign in at the front desk on arrival. Cubo uses its proprietary system to document all guests entering a Cubo location.
As a member, you are responsible for all the actions of your guests. You are required to be present in the building when your guests visit. Guests are not allowed in the building if the member is not there to collect them.
*Please note, if you have a hot desk or designated desk membership, you are required to have a meeting room booked at your location for your guests.
Day passes don't allow for guests.
What are the different Memberships that Cubo offers?
- Day Pass - Visit any of our sites for the day between reception hours (no membership required)
- Hot Desk - Monthly Rolling membership to use the co-working space in a specific Cubo location (24/7 access)All Access Hot Desk - Monthly Rolling membership to use the co-working space in any Cubo location when you wish (24/7 access)
- Designated Desk - Have your own desk, office chair and lockable pedestal in a shared office (24/7 access).
- Furnished Offices (24/7 access)
- Studio Office - Half or a full floor of Furnished office space (24/7 access)
When can I access a Cubo location? What are the opening hours?
The Cubo team is generally on-site at each location on weekdays between 8.00am and 5.00pm.
If you have a Hot Desk membership, or a Private Office, Studio Office, or a DesignatedDesk at a Cubo location you have 24/7 access to that site.